Thursday, February 1, 2007

We have done the Unthinkable

We have submitted an application for Inga to be an extra on a movie which has asked for child amputees. The film is called Charlie Wilson's War (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472062/) starring Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks, who is also directing. I have no idea what will come of this, but a lot of people are applying so the chance that she will actually make it is slim--especially since this is for a refugee camp scene which takes place in Afghanistan. I don't think she quite fits the profile, but I guess they are counting on modern technology to darken skin tone because they listed "Caucasian" as a type they were inviting to submit. Inga has been practicing looking gaunt and haunted all day, and asking others (including her gymnastics teacher) if she looks traumatized enough. This would be hilarious if she didn't also have a sinus infection (apparently these are easy to come by after you break your nose) with huge puffy red bags under her eyes that make it look like someone ought to call 911.
So, Brad, if the unthinkable turns into a reality can we come stay at your place? Oh--and can someone give Inga a crash-course in acting 101?

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ah, my little starlet.

Me said...

a) Inga broke her nose?

b) If you meet Tom Hanks, I want you to tell Rita Wilson hi for me. Specifically, I would like you to say, "Hi, Mr. Hanks. Is your wife around here somewhere? I'm a big fan of hers."

Bradford said...

First of all, I doubt they will be shooting in LA. Second, if she is hired they will have to pay for a room for you to stay in while they shoot. Also, being on set is fun for the first hour or two, and then it becomes very boring. Bring a lot of books, and your computer because 75% of your day will be spent sitting around and waiting and waiting and waiting some more.

Sam said...

I was in that film -- what was it? -- oh yes, the 'Red Violin'. It was indeed very boring after the first hour, except for meeting Joshua Bell, which was fun - and eating with the director, which was pretty fun, too.

Why aren't all of your kids in this film?

In Iran a lot of the people are actually Caucasian. I would be surprised if Afghanistan weren't similar.

Jennifer Elizabeth said...

Hmmm...I didn't bother to submit my other kids because they have fingers and things on their appendages and I figured that wouldn't happen from a bombing sort of accident--right? It wouldn't convince me, anyway.

Sam said...

Fair point.