Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Surgery times three

The boys had surgery today. All three, one after another. Lots of people have been asking me what sort of surgery they are getting, and I am uncertain as to whether or not I should make an effort at privacy on their behalf. Since this blog has such a limited following I will go so far as to say, in the words of their doctor, they are "having their stems trimmed". Painful. In addition to that Andrei got his tonsils and adenoids out and Alex had tubes put in his ears. And something else private, but now he will be able to have children. Enough said.


Alex is staying overnight in the hospital because he has a bad history with anesthesia reactions. Dan is staying with him, reading books and coloring and playing with toys with him. I took Andrei and Pavel home and they are sleeping and being grouchy alternately. We went to the library and got 24 videos out to keep them still, but it looks like we might not have much of an issue with that early on. They are supposed to stay still for at least a week, though, so we might have need of them in the future.



OK, fast forward 1.5 weeks because it has been busy around here recently. We watched 23 of the 24 movies. Ugh! My kids act weird after they watch too many movies. They get hyper, and emotional, and clingy, and very difficult to manage when they all do it at once. Plus I guess I have to allow for the fact that they were in pain every four hours when their narcotics wore off. I was actually really happy to unload those movies back at the library drop box! Well, not exactly, since I miscalculated the due date and they were one day late and now we have a whopping bill.

No comments: