Sunday, April 29, 2007

From the kids

Here are a few things heard around the house recently:

One afternoon I needed to pack but I only had about 45 minutes before we needed to go somewhere for an appointment. So I told the kids they could watch a movie, but not a long one. "How about Little House on the Prairie?" I asked. They all cheered and as I was putting the DVD in I heard Lena explain to Sam: "We are watching LITTLE House on the Prairie because the big one would take too long."

Inga: "You mean when you get things out you should put them away?!" (said with utter sincerity, as if hearing this for the first time!)





A little preface to the next one:
"Pit" (pronounced "peet") is the Russian baby word for "drink". All our kids have a pretty good grasp of baby words in Russian by now, and use them interchangeably with English (however strange the grammar may turn out).
Lena's food quotes:

"I'm fine, I don't want no pit."

"Please don't eat all of them because then your belly will be too full and then you will have a baby--save some for me."

1 comment:

Me said...

I love the Lena with lollipop pic. So cute.