Thursday, April 5, 2007

California Beware!

Inga is going to Hollywood! She is sooooo excited, and so am I. Since she is in a scene where there are lots of other amputees, I can imagine that we will be making lots of friends and comparing notes on how we all do certain activities with various missing limbs. We actually already "know" a bunch of the kids from a child amputee chatlist we're on.
Next week we will be in Hilton Head on vacation, and will fly out from HHI airport to LA on Tuesday. We will be staying in Valencia, and shooting on some sort of a plateau around there. But first they have to figure out hair and makeup and clothing and props (prosthetics), etc., and it is going to take 9 days in all. 9 days with only Inga, staying in a hotel room with a pool and eating at restaurants every day, all on Tom Hanks' bill--nice! Once Spring Break is over, Dan and the kids are driving back to Maryland and Dan's brother is coming to stay with the kids during the day while Dan works until I come home (supposed to be Thursday). What a great guy!
Well, I've got to pack. My living room is full of clothes because I am switching over from winter to summer apparel for everyone in the family and it looks like a tornado hit (sorry, Jaime!). I've also got to go buy lots of books because I will probably have a lot of time to read in CA. Any recommendations for books that will be good for escapist type entertainment?

4 comments:

Me said...

At first I couldn't figure out if you were apologizing about mentioning tornadoes or apologizing b/c that's really how my house looks all the time.

Have fun in Cali and remember to keep an eye out for Rita Wilson.

Bradford said...

So, what days are you going to be out here?

bkessler said...

Maybe get some books out on visiting your brother Brad?

Hey- I'm going to be in DC at a conference April 23-25th - you going to be around?

Megan said...

Have you ever read C.S. Lewis's Space Trilogy? Do you get to meet Tom Hanks? Steve's so great. Could I be more disjointed?