Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Multiple topics and a picture

I have bronchitis, and am on my second round of antibiotics to try to conquer this thing. The new pills are huge and bright blue and stick in my throat all the way down. In the little bottle they gave me there are those little capsules that keep your medication dry. They are about the same size as the medication. Guess what color they are? Some brilliant pharmacist thought it would be cute to make them the same color blue as the medication. I have almost swallowed these little vials of poison several times already, and I've only been on this stuff for three days.

Our church is wonderful. New mothers get the first week of meals cooked for them by members of the church, and apparently adoption is no exception. This is especially nice for me since being sick and jetlagged at the same time makes me tired. I take nice long naps in the afternoon so I can recover my strength, and someone comes to our door around 5:30 with a nutritionally balanced meal (always with gravy--what is it with the gravy?!) AND desert. This is much better fare than we are used to having. Quick--let's go adopt another one so we can be well-fed again.

We got a call from the casting director of Charlie Wilson's War and she said that Inga is in the final round for being chosen to be in the movie. They asked for an outside picture of her so they can see her skin tone in natural light. So I dutifully took pictures of my child looking devastated and forlorn and then trooped down to our public elementary school to ask for a signature on the California work permit application stating that Inga has good attendance, good grades, and good health in her local public school. This is pretty amusing since she is homeschooled and they don't know her from Mary and the follow-up educational interviews are done by the district and not by the local school--but we got the signature anyway. I think it helped to mention that the film was being directed by Tom Hanks. Plus they love my boys there (Andrei and Alex take speech therapy twice a month at this school).

OK, here are two pictures of Sam, or Pavel, or Pasha. You can call him whatever you want. That's what I am doing right now, and it changes every other sentence. This kid is going to be schizophrenic. He fits beautifully into our family and is making trouble like only a two-year old can. I had forgotten how all-consuming a child can be who is developmentally at the stage where they are prone to accidentally killing themselves every third minute. Hmmm...if I need to go to California with Inga, can I take him along? Brad, what do you think?

5 comments:

Bradford said...

I'm pretty sure you will have to be on set every time Inga is, so it might not be best to have to wrangle a two year old while sitting among miles of wires and lights and grumpy PA's.

Me said...

He is so stinkin' CUTE!

bkessler said...

I agree - V cute! And I am going to call him 'Pavel'... so there!

Unknown said...

PAVEL!

Sam said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys.